B. Arts-Tribal Studies (3 Year Full Time Course)
All courses affiliated with Shri Govind Guru University (SGGU) Godhra, Gujarat
Bachelor of Arts (BA) is a 3-year undergraduate degree offered in India, the minimum eligibility for admission to which is passing in Intermediate or 10+2 level from a recognized board or university. The course is generally offered in Liberal Arts Humanities. These popular degrees encompass a range of disciplines, from English language and history to philosophy and psychology, enabling you to deepen your understanding of arts and humanities.
Program in Tribal Studies
The Certificate in tribal studies aims to provide basic knowledge and information to the learners regarding the Tribes/Tribals in India and to help the learners understand the tribal ways of life in India. With the pressing need for trained professionals in tribal areas, the Certificate programme in Tribal Studies through distance learning will enable the in-service personnel in social and welfare sectors to enhance their competence.
(10+2) qualification with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized educational Board. B.A. in Fine Arts
- PBL (Problem Based Learning) approach with emphasis on the thought processes.
- In first three years, students are introduced to diverse ways of design thinking; followed by the freedom to pursue their chosen direction, with expert guidance.
- Giving international design exposure to students supported by faculty with international experience.
- The Design Studio connects to six sets of “Body of Knowledge”, and they include Technology, Communication, Humanities, History and Theory of Architecture, Practice of Architecture and Design and Environmental Sciences.
- Studios remain open beyond the regular class hours to encourage participation and promote synergy and group dynamics required to foster a shared learning process.
- Studio spaces are air-conditioned to provide better work environment.
- To nurture learning by making, Studios are supported by well-equipped workshops with trained technicians.
- Study tours are organized regularly to conduct Related Study Program for development of skills like, documentation, sketching, photography and hands-on knowledge of construction techniques.
- Emphasis on sustainable approach to design through indigenous and high end technology.
- It also addresses the Urban, Rural and Tribal Communities to understand challenges we face in their respective natural and built environment to create a common platform for design strategies.
- Students’ involvement in development of 17 acre campus.
Our Architecture program goes beyond just training students to fit into the professional slot. It introduces and develops the skills and knowledge necessary for contemporary architectural practice, which includes the following:
- Society and its historic context in different regions of India and beyond.
- International influences and the evolving value of our society.
- Climatic variations in different regions of India and beyond.
- Resources in terms of material and skills.
- Art and Craft of different regions.
- Changing economy.
- Increasing awareness of the environment.
- Ever changing tools for thinking and expression.