Who We Are?
About Mudra Takshshila
The School of Habitat studies is a group of dedicated faculty which have come together to make an environment of learning, critical thinking and intellectual development, for students to study Architecture and Design.
The School has been established to offer broad-based Programs in Architecture and Interior Design with focused education to meet the challenges of the design profession. The following degree programs are offered by MUDRA
- Bachelor’s in Architecture (B.Arch.) - Five Years Full Time Program
- Bachelor’s in Design (B.Interior Design) - Four Years Full Time Program
- Bachelor of Arts (Program in Tribal Studies) - Three Years Full Time Program
Salient Features :-
- PBL (Problem Based Learning) approach with emphasis on the thought processes.
- In first three years, students are introduced to diverse ways of design thinking; followed by the freedom to pursue their chosen direction, with expert guidance.
- Giving international design exposure to students supported by faculty with international experience.
- The Design Studio connects to six sets of “Body of Knowledge”, and they include Technology, Communication, Humanities, History and Theory of Architecture, Practice of Architecture and Design and Environmental Sciences.
- Studios remain open beyond the regular class hours to encourage participation and promote synergy and group dynamics required to foster a shared learning process.
- Studio spaces are air-conditioned to provide better work environment.
- To nurture learning by making, Studios are supported by well-equipped workshops with trained technicians.
- Study tours are organized regularly to conduct Related Study Program for development of skills like, documentation, sketching, photography and hands-on knowledge of construction techniques.
- Emphasis on sustainable approach to design through indigenous and high end technology.
- It also addresses the Urban, Rural and Tribal Communities to understand challenges we face in their respective natural and built environment to create a common platform for design strategies.
- Students’ involvement in development of 17 acre campus.
Our Architecture program goes beyond just training students to fit into the professional slot. It introduces and develops the skills and knowledge necessary for contemporary architectural practice, which includes the following:
- Society and its historic context in different regions of India and beyond.
- International influences and the evolving value of our society.
- Climatic variations in different regions of India and beyond.
- Resources in terms of material and skills.
- Art and Craft of different regions.
- Changing economy.
- Increasing awareness of the environment.
- Ever changing tools for thinking and expression.